Investing in your community is a great way to give back to those who have helped support your business. Volunteer groups and non-profit organizations do so much to help the communities that all of us are a part of, but they can’t do it alone. We realize there are many opportunities to come together and better our community and encourage you to join us in lending a hand, or to spend time helping other charities and non-profits of your choice.
As successful members of the community, we have a responsibility to help those that are less fortunate and contribute to the common good. Every little bit truly helps when it comes to good works.
Below is a listing of just a few of our great charitable organizations we contribute to:
- We are proud underwriters of WYSO 93.1FM, as well as WDPR 88.1FM, both public radio stations. We also go on air a couple of times a year to help with their fund drives. Not only does it support public radio in the Dayton region, but it gives us an opportunity to connect with a lot of their listeners as well as supporters, and in our minds is the right thing to do.
- We are Gold Bell sponsors of Dayton History and many of their events, including Ringing in the Holidays. If you have not checked out Dayton History at Carillon Park lately, you should. Dayton History is organization, and our community is extremely fortunate to have a group like them to tell the story of Dayton’s remarkable history. We are proud supporters of Dayton History, and on a personal level, I always look forward to attending the Heritage festival, the Philharmonic concert and Ringing in the Holidays, all at Carillon Park among all the other events they hold.
- Dayton Gastroenterology celebrates Colon Cancer Awareness with a 5K race ‘No Buts About it‘ that we have been sponsors of for quite a few years (and again this year). Net proceeds of the “No Buts About It” 5K Run/Walk are used to fund screening colonoscopies for uninsured persons in economic hardship who meet the medical criteria for a screening colonoscopy.
- We gave over $1,000 to United Way to help them get their annual report and additional collateral printed at an affordable price. And if you are looking for volunteer opportunities, go to their website for a great list that fits any interests.
- We helped Miami Valley Hospital Foundation with their invitation set to celebrate the new Miami Valley Hospital Tower.
- Joe Ryan of Reliable Electric has set up a walk/race called LENLO (Long Enough Now Let’s OVARcome) to help overcome ovarian cancer in memory of a friend Kathy Alianello. Its been a great success and we have been proud sponsors for two years.
Perhaps in the holiday season, more than at any other time, our hearts go out to others. But there are always those who are less fortunate than we are and will appreciate our help all year round. Give what you can regularly to the charities that make a difference to your local and national community. You may be surprised at the benefits you reap!
I don’t think we are that much different from a lot of other small businesses and groups out there. We do what we can to help out, and we love seeing others do the same. And that’s what makes Dayton a great place. I guess being the holiday season, it’s a good time to say thanks to everybody that is willing to make a difference, and I’m thankful that we are in a position to be able to give back.